All Books All the Time

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Life Events

Hello Poetry Friday Friends!  It’s been a while since I’ve posted. “Where have I been?” you may be wondering. Well, on October 4, 2020, I was married!  I’ve also been busy with my new husband as he’s been merging his household with mine. Wow!  What a lot of work!  Now between the two of us, we have three college students living at home with us!  We couldn’t be happier, though!  Here are some highlights from our beautiful wedding day. 



My parents walked me down the aisle. 


Mark’s son, Jacob was his best man. 




My daughters were my maids of honor. 

    My beautiful daughters, Sarah and Sienna 


 

Amy and Mark





And now onto Poetry Friday. Today I celebrated a big life event by sharing my news of my marriage and now I’d like to share a poem about a small life event that used to happen about every week. 

Coffee at Grabdma’s

Percolator coffee pot 
makes the coffee
nice and hot
Gather round 
Grandma’s kitchen table
catch up on as much chat 
as we are able

Aunt Lou comes down 
from her upstairs apartment 
to join the coffee klatch
Eat a grilled muffin
or one of Grandma’s 
recently baked treats

What’s been going on?
Who’s been doing what?
How have you been feeling?
When’s the next family dinner?
We’ll see you next week 
for our next coffee break

Gather round 
Grandma’s kitchen table
catch up on as much chat 
as we are able 
Percolator coffee pot 
makes the coffee 
nice and hot. 

Today’s Poetry Friday Roundup is being hosted by Linda over at Teacher Dance
 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How wonderful to celebrate love and marriage even in these crazy times. You look beautiful. Oh, remember when we used to be kids with the older women talking at the table? Gosh, your poem brings back good memories. I miss my family a bit in the fall. I've been calling some lately. It will have to do until we can be together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, how wonderful that you shared your glorious event with us. I love weddings and yours was lovely. What a great touch, the lanterns for the bridesmaids and the countryside for a backdrop. The last stanza in your poem is filled with such a friendly family scene. It was a good idea to bring in repetition there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome is this, Amy. Congratulations and best wishes to you and your Mark! I love seeing all the pictures, each part of your family & that view, wow! Your poem brings me memories, too, sitting at kitchen tables in various kitchens through the years, so special. I love the questions and the percolator, oh my, what fun to remember that sound. Thanks, and again, best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your wedding, what a lovely spot, and so picturesque. Your poem reminds me of all the special moments spent with family, thanks for jogging our memory Amy, with your sensitive and lively percolating poem– I look forward to rejoining my own family when it's safe again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Amy! So much love shines through in every photo you shared. Beautiful on so many levels. I love the circular (percolated) effect in your poem. I can smell the coffee from here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Amy! And what a lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Amy! Lovely happy pictures of you and your family. I like how you poem circles around to that coffee pot, where your family times begin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It certainly feels good to hear some good news for a change. Best to you and Mark. Love the homey, comforting coffee poem too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Lovely photos and coffee poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the Big Life Event, and love how you paired it with a small, everyday event -- that's the stuff life is mostly made of, with the big events for spice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your marriage! How wonderful! And I love your poem. What a lovely memory. For me it was weekly Sunday dinners at Grandma's.

    ReplyDelete